Sequential Skin, Inc. is a company that collects and analyses molecular data for the purpose of understanding and optimizing the skincare of individuals.
The samples collected include skin cells and skin microbiome material using sample collection kits provided by Sequential Skin. Customers will collect the samples and ship them to Sequential Skin for analysis. Along with data obtained from samples, customer-provided information will be collected and stored by Sequential Skin.
Based on our analysis of all customer data, Sequential Skin will make personalized skincare product recommendations to the individual via, without limitation, Sequential Skin’s mobile applications.
Sequential Skin takes privacy very seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of “Personal Information” which could be used to identify the customer, either alone or in combination with other information. By accessing or using the Service (as defined below), the customer allows us to collect, store, and use their Personal Information to enable us to improve the personalization of skincare advice. Sequential Skin recognizes and understands the importance of privacy and respects our customers’ desire to store and access Personal Information in a private and secure manner.
- Types of Personal Information. Sequential Skin collects and uses several types of Personal Information in connection with the Service. “Registration Information” is collected when you subscribe to or register for the Service. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, password, payment plan, credit card information (Sequential Skin stores only 4 last digits and expiration date), shipping addresses, and contact information such as email address and telephone number. Sequential Skin uses Registration Information to authenticate your access to Sequential Skin websites and mobile applications; to enable you to purchase features related to the Service; to deliver personalized reports to you in connection with the Service; and to send you marketing communications. “Sample Data” is collected when you provide self-collected samples to Sequential Skin for analysis using the Sequential Skin-supplied collection kits. If you consent to use the Service or to participate in the study, your Sample Data is analyzed in aggregate with other customers’ Sample Data to improve the personalization of Sequential Skin’s recommendations. “Self-Reported Information” is collected when you provide information to Sequential Skin related to, but not limited to, your skin profile and skincare. This information is provided to Sequential Skin using its websites and mobile applications. Self-Reported Information is used to support the study objective of identifying correlations.
- Other Types of Collected Information. When you use the Service, some information is automatically collected through the use of log files. Such information may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your device’s operating system, the browser type, and your device ID (only for iOS users). To ensure your data is safe and used only to the extent necessary to provide the Service, Sequential Skin deletes this information every three months. Sequential Skin uses this information for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the Service, improving customer service, diagnosing problems with our servers, tracking user movement, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Information Required to be Disclosed by Law. Under certain circumstances, Personal Information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. You acknowledge and agree that Sequential Skin is free to preserve and disclose any and all Personal Information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that Sequential Skin may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (ii) enforce the Sequential Skin Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Sequential Skin, its employees, its customers (including you), and the public. In the event Sequential Skin is required by law to disclose Personal Information, Sequential Skin will notify you through the contact information provided to Sequential Skin in advance, unless doing so would violate the law or a court order.
- Security. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data and information integrity, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, Sequential Skin uses various physical, technical, and administrative measures to keep your Personal Information secure, in accordance with current technological and industry standards. In particular, all connections to the Sequential Skin websites and mobile applications are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Please recognize that protecting Personal Information is also your responsibility. We ask all users of the Service to be responsible for keeping their password secure, as well as other authentication information used to access the Service. You should not share authentication information with any third parties, and should inform Sequential Skin immediately of any prohibited use of your password. Sequential Skin cannot secure and assumes no liability for Personal Information that is released by the customer to third parties, such as a healthcare provider. Sequential Skin keeps all personal data and information on secure cloud servers. Only a small group of staff can access information that can be used to identify you. These are people who need that information to complete the testing, analysis, and reporting. Your samples and other information you provide will be labelled with a code and not your name. The information that matches the code to your identity will be kept in a protected database at Sequential Skin. Only a small group of staff will have access to the protected database. We will not include any information in any publications that would make it possible to identify you. All Sequential Skin employees, consultants, and others who might have access to your private information must sign confidentiality agreements that mandate them to keep that information private. Your specimens will be analyzed, and remnants will be securely stored with de-identified alphanumeric IDs (no personal information)
- Account Closure and Correction of Personal Information. If the customer wishes to stop participating in the Service, the account may be closed by sending a request to Sequential Skin via email at email@example.com. When closing an account, Sequential Skin removes all personally identifiable information associated with Sample Data. In addition, Sequential Skin retains limited Registration Information related to the customer’s order history (e.g., name, contact, and transaction data) for accounting and compliance purposes. Personal Information and Registration Information can be changed, corrected, or updated using the Sequential Skin websites and mobile applications.